Monday, April 12, 2010

Conversation as I attempted to get Eme to go to sleep last night

Eme: Mama! Sing muumaid.

Me: Ok. "I wish I could be part of your world..."

Eme: No! Sing ovaaa muumaid. "Ahhhhhhhh." (Eme attempts to do the vocalization from when the Sea Witch takes Ariel's voice.)

Me: Ok. "Ahhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh, ahhhh ahhh ahhh ahhhh ahhhhhh." (I attempt, without much more success, to do Ariel's vocalization. What can I say? I was tired.)

Eme: Mama! Sing Waddddin.

Me: Ok, I'll sing Aladdin. "Unbelievable sights, indescribable feelings, soaring tumbling..."

Eme: No! Sing pwince weeeee.

Me: Ok, I'll sing Prince Ali. "Prince Ali, handsome is he, Ali Ababwa. Something something and something definitely."

Eme: No more sumping sumping.

Me: (racking my brain to try to remember the words that I have replaced with "something something") "Prince Ali, mighty is he, Ali Ababwa. Strong as ten regular men, definitely...?"

Eme: Guuu job, mama.

Me: Time to go to sleep, Eme.


She's getting too smart for my own good.

...

2 comments:

  1. Too smart for you? not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone's cracked up for keeping up with her it's you, Jaelithe ;)

    ReplyDelete