Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wonder Baby Wednesday #37


Wonder Baby Powers, activate! Form of...Maid Marion (the fox version from the Disney Robin Hood cartoon) or Maria from Sound of Music. Or both.

Eme is at an age where she loves to mimic things she sees. When she wanted to put dishtowels on her head to mimic wearing a wimple, we clearly had to capture it on film.

She's actually getting quite good at repeating lines from movies, as well, so when she plays "Maid Marion" she's constantly looking out windows and sighing for Robin Hood. When she's Maria she runs around singing "my favorite things."

...

3 comments:

  1. When she and I sing that song together in a week, can I put her in it as one of my favorite things? She can replace schnitzel with noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to recall a couple of little girls some 20ish years ago running around my house doing bits from movies as well. Apple does not fall far from the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall a couple sisters, one who I call my mother and another I call my aunt, dancing around their mother's backyard and singing. That was about 20 years ago too. This tree has some deep roots :)

    ReplyDelete